We are currently recruiting members for the Canadian Women's Heart Health Alliance!
Are you passionate about advancing women's heart health?
If you are, consider joining the Canadian Women's Heart Health Alliance. We invite clinicians, students, researchers, decision-makers, non-health professionals interested to submit their Expression of Interest by August 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm EDT for membership in one of our Working Groups. If you are a woman living with heart disease, or family member/caregiver to a woman living with heart disease, we would like to partner with you through the Working Groups and the Patient Advisory Committee to help shape practices, policies and strategies around women's heart health care. Select the button above which applies to you more information.
What are the Working Groups?
The Working Groups each consist of approximately 10 members and will contribute their knowledge, their expertise, and their time and effort to advance the goals, objectives and activities as outlined by the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance. The Working Group operates as a team and draws on the skills and talents of each member to ensure the Alliance’s success.
- The Advocacy group will support advocates as they enhance awareness about women's cardiovascular health in their communities, and to stimulate new interest in the field of women's cardiovascular health.
- The Education and Training group will work to enhance education and training about specific cardiovascular issues affecting women. Projects will target various audiences such as the general public, physicians, nurses, students and allied health staff in a phased approach.
- The Health Systems and Policy group will explore cost-effective strategies to improve and monitor women’s cardiovascular health, and promote these strategies based on findings.
- The Knowledge Translation and Mobilization group will focus on translating existing and new knowledge about cardiovascular health and disease in women; and creating sex-specific guidelines, tools and programs focused on improving outcomes for Canadian women.
What is the Patient Advisory Committee?
The Patient Advisory Committee consists of approximately 10 people who are either a person with lived experience of heart disease or family member or a caregiver. This committee will provide credible, reliable information on what matters most to patients. This includes advising on and co-designing projects, policies and strategies focused on women’s heart health through the lens of Patient/Family Centred Care. This Committee will enable the patient members to share their respective Working Group’s progress and obtain support with regards to overcoming potential challenges.
When are the Working Groups meeting?
Please find a list of potential dates below for planning purposes. Note that only one date per Working Group will be selected based on the membership availability.
- Oct 11, 2018 at 12:30 pm EDT
2. Training and Education
- Oct 12, 2018 at 2:30 pm EDT
3. Health Systems and Policy
- Oct 9, 2018 at 3:30 pm EDT
4. Knowledge Translation and Mobilization
- Nov 6, 2018 at 1:30 pm EST
5. Patient Advisory Committee
- Nov 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm EST